Here are 8 Reasons to Drink Water Instead of Soft Drinks:
1. Sodas are water-stealers! They steal water in order for the body to process the high amount of sugar contained in sodas. You’d need to drink 8-10 glasses of water for every 1 glass of soda in order to replace all the water that was stolen.
2. Sodas will not quench that thirst. When you feel thirsty, your body is telling you it needs to be hydrated. By denying your body the amount of water it needs, you put yourself at risk for Chronic Cellular Dehydration (a condition that weakens your body at the cellular level and can lead to a weakened immune system).
3. Sodas are mineral-stealers! They contain high levels of phosphates which take minerals from your body. Lack of minerals can lead to issues like osteoporosis (lack of calcium) or heart disease (lack of magnesium).
4. Sodas are like WD40 or CLR! They can remove rust from metal surfaces so image what it’s doing to your digestive tract.
5. Sodas give you sugar rushes and crashes. The high amount of sugar causes your pancreas to produce a bunch of insulin (rush) and then it quickly depletes (crash). Chronic increase and decrease of insulin can cause diabetes.
6. Sodas interfere with digestion. The large amounts of sugar and caffeine virtually shut down the digestion process so your body is not absorbing any nutrients from the food you ate, even if it was hours prior to drinking the beverage.
7. Diet soda is no better! Diet soft drinks contain aspartame which has been linked to depression, insomnia, and neurological disease.
8. Sodas are very acidic. If soft drinks are left in their can for too long, aluminum can become absorbed into the drink because the acid in the soda has eroded the lining of the can. Heavy metals in the brain can lead to many neurological diseases. Diseases thrive in an acidic environment and sodas deposit acidic waste in the body which accumulates in the joints and around organs.
Clearly this is not an exhausted list. I can’t even imagine how long this post would be if I listed ALL of the negative things soda can do to the body. If there is one change you can make to live a healthier lifestyle it’s this! Please, switch out soda for water. If you feel the need for something fizzy, try mixing a small amount of juice with club soda. Water is just too important to the body to be missed!
Stay fabulous as you drink your Perrier! xoxo