I’m so happy you are here! I’d love for you to take a look and see who is behind “The Fit Diva.”
I’ve lived in Pennsylvania my whole life, minus the first 9 months of my existence. I grew up in West Chester which is most noted for West Chester University, QVC, and Bam Margera. I’m not sure if I should apologize for the last one. I loved growing up there. The borough of W.C. has a (very) small city feel to it with lots of cute shops and delicious restaurants but there is also beautiful countryside surrounding it.
West Chester is about 35 miles from Philadelphia, which is another awesome city. Sadly, I don’t get into the city as much as I’d like but it’s a really fun place. If you ever visit, be sure to check out:
- Old City (“America’s most historic square mile”)
- The Philadelphia Zoo
- Philadelphia Museum of Art (“Adriaaaaaan!”)
I am the Crazy Cat Lady. I have 4 of them. Two of them are sisters and the other two are brothers. They all were adopted from a no-kill shelter called “The Cat Angel Network.”
And we also have 3 dogs. It’s a long story about how that happened. The smallest, Hanz, is a Dachshund and he’s the oldest at 16! The other two are siblings and a mixed breed of predominantly Chihuahua and Saluki. Their names are Gilligan and Ripley and they are rescues from a local organization called “Helping the Helpless Pets Rescue.”
- I love to read kid’s books
- I met Mary Tyler Moore and she was wonderfully nice
- I want to meet Dick Van Dyke
- I was a P.A. on a music video set for a band with a Drag Queen that was filming in Philly (to read about that adventure, check out A Boy in a Dress and M.I.A. )
- I had dinner with Vanilla Ice at a Denny’s about 10 years ago
- I’m an analogue girl in a digital world
- I love ’50’s, ’60’s, and ’70’s TV shows (“I Love Lucy, The Donna Reed Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, The Brady Bunch, and Gilligan’s Island” to name a few)
- I love Wawa coffee. To those of you that don’t live near a Wawa, I’m sorry.
- I’m somewhat obsessed with The Barefoot Contessa
- I was in the color guard in high school for two years
- I’ve taken dance classes (mostly jazz and tap) for 20+ years
- I was a teacher for 12 years before becoming a personal trainer
- I’m a Preston and Steve Girl (they are only the BEST morning show ever!)
I’m a Potterhead
I love all things Harry Potter. I’ve lost count over the amount of times I’ve read the books and seen the movies. I’ve been to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter twice and it was amazing both times. I haven’t been since they’ve expanded but can’t wait to see it! And yes, I own a wand.
Books I Love
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
- The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
- Love, Lucy by Lucille Ball
- The Other Side of Ethel Mertz by Frank Castelluccio and Alvin Walker
- Destination Truth, Memoirs of a Monster Hunter by Josh Gates
Why I Blog
I am a pretty introverted person and blogging allows me to share my life in a non-scary way. This blog was fitness-centered until I realized that people were more interested in my life outside the gym so now I incorporate the two. I try my best to live a healthy lifestyle and I want to share how I do that through every day living, traveling, and working.