I hope everyone had something to be motivated about this week 🙂 My motivation held up all week as I got my workouts in before the weekend! I’m going to be busy so I wanted to make sure I didn’t skip out on any exercising 😉
I have the most delicious dessert recipe for you! Oh my word, I’ve been eating it every night this week and I don’t feel bad about it. Let me just say that I’ve passed up Oreo cookies for this snack AND “Aunt Flow” is visiting. Girls, you know what I mean.
I found the original recipe here on this blog. I decided to add some protein powder to it so I could have it before I go to bed. I can only drink so many shakes during the day!
Fake-Out Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 frozen banana (Hint: slice the banana, place the pieces in a snack bag and place in the freezer)
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Place frozen banana in a food processor and process until the banana almost becomes a thick and creamy consistency.
- Add protein and cocoa powder
- Continue processing a tiny bit more until it’s all combined and wonderfully creamy
- I’ve added a tbsp of peanut butter, raspberries, and unsweetened coconut to the mix and all have been delicious!
- Obviously, you can make this with vanilla powder if you’d like
- If you don’t like banana, you may not like this because there is a faint banana flavor. Try it anyway though 😉
- It’s kind of a pain to drag the food processor out to make it so I tried my mini-blender. The blades weren’t long enough so it didn’t work. If you find something that works better than the food processor, let me know!
I made it tonight but the banana wasn’t that frozen, because I was impatient, and it turned out to be more like chocolate mousse. Still yummy though!